Roach Dynamos FC 0-3 Prestwich
Failsworth Dynamos FC 4-1 Prestwich

It has been a topsy turvy week for Prestwich which started well on Wednesday night with a hard earned and slightly fortunate win against Roach followed by a hard to take defeat at Failsworth when at least a point would have been richly deserved.

On Wednesday Prestwich stormed into a 2 goal lead with strikes from Krzysztof Rapacz (10) and Andrew Dean (13), the latter finishing off a superb move that went the length of the field started by himself.

Prestwich could have had more in this early period but to their credit Roach started to control the game and the rest of the light curtailed first half and early second half belonged to them but they could not score.

Mike Hudson in the Prestwich goal made 2 excellent saves and was the busier keeper in this period but Prestwich were always a threat on the break.

So it proved on 50 minutes when a quick break saw Stefan Rapacz in on goal and he made no mistake to put Prestwich into comfort zone.

Roach did have a goal disallowed for offside but the Prestwich defense held firm to ensure the 3 point haul.

Saturday’s game however saw a reversal in fortunes as Prestwich came up against a good hard working and well organised Failsworth.

The first half was very much an end to end battle with both sides creating chances and playing some good football. Failsworth playing on their excellent 4G pitch were tidier on the ball and provided a constant threat but Prestwich in the first 30 minutes or so could and probably should have been ahead but a lack of a clinical edge, good defending and one excellent save kept them at bay.

Just when it seemed that half time would see the scores level we entered a crazy 5 minutes when Prestwich conceded 3 goals. The first direct from a free kick given to Failsworth seconds after a trip on a Prestwich defender should have seen a free kick to them.

This was followed by a scamble of a goal after a good save from Mike Hudson went loose and a minute later the wind played havoc on a high ball which deceived Chris Adams and the Failsworth centre took full advantage to score a neat goal.

The second half saw Prestwich with the wind advantage and they pressed throughout the half to get back in the game.

Despite having much of the game there was always a threat from the quick Failsworth attack on the break. Prestwich had signalled there intent with early efforts off target then on 53 minutes Martin Hill in a typical drive into the Failsworth area produced a far post cross that evaded everybody except Aldair Victorano who prodded the ball in.

Prestwich then pushed more and more and were desperately unlucky not to be on level terms when first a Martin Hill goal was disallowed allegedly for offside and Richard Steadman produced a rasping drive that hit the post and squirmed across the face of goal and away on the far side.

After this the lack of a clinical finish cost Prestwich as several presentable chances went begging and in the dying seconds with Prestwich still pressing forward a long ball caught out the defence giving a Failsworth forward, looking a little offside, the chance to slot home a fourth to add insult to injury on what was a very unfortunate day at the office.