The 1sts maintained their unbeaten start to the season with a dramatic late turnaround while the 4ths notched their first-ever win in a similarly thrilling finish.

The 2nds also notched their first league victory of the season led by a five-wicket haul from Ste Ritchie (pictured) – but left nails unbitten as they cruised to victory by 10 wickets.

Clifton 1sts looked in pole position despite Prestwich 1sts rattling up a more-than-satisfactory total of 245 for 8.

Sub pro Daryn Smit (68) and Danny Pawson (54) had followed another fruitful opening partnership of 79 between James Wharmby (22) and Marty Walters (48). Walters making an early bid for “jug avoidance champion” – with three successive scores all falling frustratingly short of the half-century mark.

The Clifton openers of Luke Perry (42) and Adam Holt (60) thrived in reply and it continued with Gareth Cross at the wicket, taking the home side sailing past the 200-mark on course for victory.

But Nathan Bailey made the major breakthrough which was the trigger for a sudden switch in momentum. Cross, on 69,top-edged Bailey’s delivery and Wharmby took an excellent catch.

That left 10 runs needed from 10 balls, and it was left to Smit to complete a fine all-round performance by conceding just 2 runs off his final over, and Prestwich were victors by five runs. Smit taking 3 for 46 off his 15 overs.

Ritchie was the main destroyer for Prestwich 2nds as Milnrow 1sts fell to 95 all out. Umar Arif bowled very tightly in tandem with Ritchie (5-49) before Aaryaman Roy took 3 for 17 and Uwais Khaliq 21-7.

Openers Cameron Mapstone (43) and Adam Taylor (49) were unbroken in reply, passing the target in the 20th over.

The 4th team made their first-ever home match a winning one against Heaton 4th XI with a display where everyone played their part.

Setting a total of 149 for 9, Gary Prescott top-scored with a brisk 39, backed up the youth of Thomas Orrell (21), Sam Regan (18) and Anis Khaliq (10), while skipper Pete Staley (13) chipped in with valuable runs.

Heaton made a valiant fight, but were undone in the end by Liam Potts claiming the last 2 vital wickets to finish with 3 for 13. Prescott grabbed two wickets while Simon Jackson marked his much-belated senior debut with a wicket to add to his scampered 1 not out – greeted with rapturous applause from the crowd.

The 3rd XI suffered a seven-wicket defeat at the hands of Whalley Range 3rds. Luke Prescott struck an excellent half century, Matthew Korab made 26, and 12-year-old Thomas Prescott hit an unbeaten 19 in the total of 166 for 8.

However, 2 wickets for Karl West did little to halt the home side’s comfortable pursuit of the target.